Thank you for considering a rescue cat or dog from Animal Advocates! Please review the adoption guidelines below and complete an online application. We get to know the pets’ personalities and needs very well, striving to make the best possible match for both animals and adopters. Please contact us with any questions at email@example.com or 412-928-9777.
- Before scheduling a meet-and-greet with one of our adoptable cats or dogs, you must complete an application and interview with an adoption team member.
- All meet-and-greets and adoptions are scheduled by appointment only.
- You must be 21 years or older.
- All animals in your home must be up-to-date on vaccinations and spayed / neutered.
- If you rent, we will need a copy of your lease stating the landlord permits pets along with the landlord’s contact information.
- We do not place animals as gifts for others.
- Adopted animals must be kept as indoor companions.
- We reserve the right to perform a home visit.
Requested Adoption Donations
- Young (year or younger): $100 kitten – $225 puppy
- Adult (year or older): $80 cat – $180 dog
- Senior (10 / 8 years or older): $60 senior cat – $90 senior dog
- Discount for adopting a pair – ½ off the adoption fee of the second cat or dog.
We aim to provide high quality care for the well-being of rescued cats and dogs until they are placed in forever homes. All animals are regularly vet checked, fully vaccinated, spayed / neutered and microchipped. They are routinely treated for fleas and worms as well as any medical issues.
Courtesy Post Information
In order to help as many animals as possible, Animal Advocates provides courtesy postings for adoptable cats and dogs. Courtesy posts comprise of animals whose owners, for a variety of reasons, have made the difficult decision to rehome the pet. Even though these animals are not directly associated with Animal Advocates, they are still in need of new homes and we offer advertisement on our website for greater exposure.
For any animal identified as a “Courtesy Post,” read the following information:
- Unless specifically indicated, Animal Advocates will not handle any part of the adoption process or collect an adoption contract or fee for the animal.
- Animal Advocates has not evaluated or interacted with courtesy post animals and cannot attest to the temperament, health and/or other information regarding the animal.
- Animal Advocates assumes no liability, financial, or legal responsibility for said animals.
- As the owner will screen all applicants, please use the contact information listed for each individual animal for all inquiries on courtesy posts. Contact information will be shared with the private individual in order to facilitate direct communication between potential adopters and the current owner of the animal.